Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you recommned a H rated tire that wears and performs well for a my 2000 clk 320 ?. i did loads of research and just got some bridgestone potenza re950s but they make my steering shimmy and car vibrate...... they are out of round and hop ...... two different sets same thing <br> My oem goodyear's wore out @ 10k .... need something that will last but handles.<br> looking for 225 x17 or 235x17<br> thanks !!!<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a few questions about this .... first what size tire are you using? if 17' what are the wheel dimensions and offset? any suspension mods? I would need all of the important info to assist you with this problem ... but, I will happily help<br> <br> Luke<br> 877-522-8473 ext. 362

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im new at this so hang with me. all i know is they are Mas ital sagittas.... 17 X7.5 dont know about offset i guess i have to find out . No modifications at all .. tires are 215.45.17 i wanted 225s but not available. Im thinking of trying the same tires one more time but in a 235 45 17 <br> i have dome everything to clear the shimmy ,but it boils down to swap the rim/tires .it goes away .but them back on its back .....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im new at this so hang with me. all i know is they are Mas italy sagittas.... 17 X7.5 dont know about offset i guess i have to find out . No modifications at all .. tires are 215.45.17 i wanted 225s but not available. Im thinking of trying the same tires one more time but in a 235 45 17 <br> i have dome everything to clear the shimmy ,but it boils down to swap the rim/tires .it goes away .but them back on its back .....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes but ......

it was put on one of those measuring machines, but they (discount tire) told me due to the rim design turning the tire wont help much ??. I dont have the measurements If you spin the wheels you can see it hop a little ... I just dont know how two differnt front sets could be out of round......<br> i have hubcentric rings on the hub too. my rims arent bent unless they came from the factory imperfect which I doubtBTW of set is 35 or 40 according to the MAs italy folks<br> <br> thanks ..<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your first move should be to find a company with a GSP9700 Hunter balancer

you can find one close to you using Hunters web-site<br> <br> www.hunter.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already did and.......

thats the machine i used at discout tire. I dont know the measurement but i know it wasnt out too much out of spec (according to them) the guy said twisiting the tire around wont help ... due to the way the rim is designed. i mean it's a basic rim .... spoked with about a 3/4 inch dish

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you happen to have a picture of the mas italy sagittas wheels? i wonder if we're talking about the same one because im looking for those rims for my car. so if you can help me out.. it would be nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts