Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I could really use some help on this one. I'm driving a '94 E320 that I purchased last year with 13K original miles (garage kept-little old lady). I replaced the 8 year old factory rubber with some +1 MB wheels (16x7.5, 5-112 part # H65238ATO) and Potenza RE950 215/55R16). The ride and handling are great, but occasionally I notice a rubbing or scraping noise. The noise only happens when the suspension is fully loaded. For example, if I were to go into a swale in the road that would cause the vehicle to come down on the suspension. I never hear the noise going over bumps or cornering. I have not been able to pipoint the noise but it sounds like it's coming from beneath the front seat area. Somewhere between the front axle and the rocker panels. I've checked everyting I can think of for signs of rubbing and do not see anything. No sign of rubbing on tires or wheel wells. Do you guys have any ideas?
[xx(]

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
check the driveshaft for any indication of rubbing .... you may have a loose heat shield o...

check the driveshaft for any indication of rubbing .... you may have a loose heat shield or piece of insulation hanging a little low

1 - 2 of 2 Posts