Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke, I actually have two questions. I have a 1999 SL500, and I have been looking at different rims for this car.I notice of the Tire Rack web site the AMG 129 5 spoke rims in three configerations. I know that chrome is more expensive, but is there any difference in the quality of the silver rims, vs the machined lip rim. There is approx. $100 a rim price difference, and I was wondering why. My second question has to do with SSR GT3 wheels working on this car. I posted this question a while back, but nothing yet. Ideally I would like 8.5X18 front and 10X18 rear.Is this possible. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im not Luke but thought I'd give you my opinion. I would go with 19's. It would set the c...

Im not Luke but thought I'd give you my opinion. I would go with 19's. It would set the car off. SSR wheels are not meant to be on a Benzo. Stick with the usuals that go on Benzos.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
the difference is strictly a finish differene .... the machined lip versions are going a...

the difference is strictly a finish differene .... the machined lip versions are going away soon becuase AMG felt that the design was getting a little dated .....

the SSR GT3's are not really a good fit on a W129 chassis car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's for the input guy's. Benzpower, what do you think of 19" BBS LM tires. I have se...

Thank's for the input guy's. Benzpower, what do you think of 19" BBS LM tires. I have seen acouple of sets advertised, and was also considering them. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts