Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 mercedes SL
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i had this very peculiar situation today as i was closing up the roof the trunk buckled and the roof went down where the right side came lower than the left side
i tried to adjust it manually but it was extremely awekward and i ended up causing some scratches on the edges of the roof as it was pretty tangled up
not sure what happened has anyone got a clue? i had to do something so i forced the luggage cover down to close the trunk and now the trunk doesn't close properly and i have "being lowered" " in operation " messages
if i drive i get a "LOCK HARDTOP" in red on the dash

please help thankyou

·
Registered
05 mercedes SL
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also wanted to ad that i ran DAS and there is really nothing it can do apparently since everything is" NOT RECOGNIZED "

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,045 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding the problem. Can you post some photos or video?

·
Registered
05 mercedes SL
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having a hard time understanding the problem. Can you post some photos or video?
Sorry I didn't see this at all I ended up closing it by just lowering the luggage cover and closing the trunk. once the trunk was close I wasn't getting any more errors.
I don't know what caused the roof to fall on its own. but I have a theory and it's the BOLTS (10mm Allen bolts holding the trunk ) they were loose on mine so the trunk gave up...... maybe?

but for anyone else having this issue
DO NOT TRY DOING ANYTHING MANUALLY and that is by hand .... don't try to close or lower anything by hand everything is either hydraulics or with computer.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,214 Posts
DO NOT TRY DOING ANYTHING MANUALLY and that is by hand ....
There is no cause for such hesitation if one is careful and has a basic understanding of the roof's sequence of moves as it opens/closes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts