Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 87 300TD.
Vehicle came with a new set of four wheels, which are Mercedes original styling. I was also sent the 5 original wheels that came with the vehicle when purchased.
One of the original spare wheels was being used as the spare. Murphy’s Law struck and I picked up a nail, thankfully pulling down the drive of our house. I went to put the spare wheel on and found that the lug nuts on the newer wheels are too short and won’t reach the hub when I tried to put the original wheel on.
It seems that the original lug nuts should be about 4” or so long.
Also, would I be imagining it, while the original wheel obviously comes in contact with the rotor, there appears to be a 1/4” gap between the wheel and the rotor where the lug nuts join the wheel to the rotor, if that makes sense.
I’m going to refurbish the original wheels as they are more keeping with the vehicle. Does anyone know the part number for these lug nuts or have a full set they would like to sell?
Thanks

·
Registered
W124
5,014 Posts
Would you be able to attach a couple of photos of your observations (gaps, wheels that are on the car now, etc.?)

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,207 Posts
I wouldn't trust anything as critical as lug bolts to a low life brand like Febi. I'd rather recycle used (but OE MB) bolts from a junk yard than put my life in the hands of Made in Unknown a.k.a Febi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts