Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when I first got my W210 and read all the stickies, i realized I should change out the lug bolts. I just started to add lug bolts to my orders to get to the $50 or $65 free shipping rate at the various online resellers.
with the latest spate of broken and stuck lug bolts on the boards I decided to just buy the last 10 I needed and found that rock auto has them for $19 for 10 packed in a dorman box and made in germany.
I thought I would post as they are exactly the same looking as the febi from autohausaz.
they seem like a good deal and I am replacing all today
cheers
Barri

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Kajtek - I didnt find any of the replacements with stainless steel tops like the originals. They do sit very deep in the holes though so I doubt you would see stainless or even chrome unless it was extended out about an inch or so.
cheers
Barri

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fabbrisd - i actually dont mind the blank hole look but the covers look like a good option. Yours are even cheaper than mine nugent - and chromed already! no caps needed. I didnt see them when I was looking
cheers
Barri

·
Registered
35,797 Posts
I have those plastic chromed covers on my motorhome wheels and basically have to replace them every year if I want them look good.
Love to factory bolts with SS caps, but I have wheels from E420, where the bolts stick out of thiner rim. Still don't want to spend good amount of money for something that looks worse.
Chromed threads and seats are not good. They might be danger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts