Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the left rear door window and I think it has something to do with the prior repairs to the drivers side of the vehicle requiring replacement of both doors. When you open the window using either the master controls or rear door controls, it auto opens completely. But when you use the auto close feature, it shut completely, then opens about 3 inches.

I read about this online and in the owners manual about adjusting the window closing pressure, but I cannot get it to close properly. From my understanding, you have to remove the push start button, insert the key and turn it one or two clicks without starting the car. With all the doors closed, open the rear window and then close it. If it pops open like mine, immediately close it again and hold the window button for a few seconds to set the closing pressure.

I tried this several times, but despite all of that it still does not stay closed like it is supposed to. I have to close it at least 2 times before it will remain closed and not roll down. After closing the window twice it will remain closed.

If someone has dealt with this annoying issue and resolved it please let me know what to do.

Thanks!!

Ted

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,844 Posts
This used to happen to me occasionally with a W220 I used to own. I suggest trying a recalibration of that window's Hall's Effect generator, which is a counter, marking the number of revolutions from a starting point to an end point. While there is a pressure sensor used as a safety measure, as you mention, the basic full up and full down positions are controlled by the Hall's Effect generator. Lower the window all the way using any of the functioning buttons; hold it until you hear a click, or for up to 10 seconds. Then raise the window full up, and again hold the button until you hear a click (or for 10 seconds). That procedure used to work for me (it also works for seat positions, steering wheel settings and the like). Sometimes the problem would return on my W220, but the reset always cured it - for a time, anyway.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I am having a problem with the left rear door window and I think it has something to do with the prior repairs to the drivers side of the vehicle requiring replacement of both doors.
Have shop revisit door control module may simply need to be re-adapted using SDS (MB diagnostics), or internal mechanism needs to be inspected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
konigstiger
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing