Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion about lowering the E55. There has been talk of removing the pad on the spings/ different pad thicknesses. Where do you get these pads and what is the lowest I can expect to get the car. Will I have to realign the suspension. Is this application for the front as well as the rear. If this is a part from MB where do I tell the dealer to look for the part as my local dealer/shop knows nothing of this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the pads are above the springs and are numbered from one to five. If you give your serial number to the parts department they can look up your pads . They varie in height by about one and one half inches, and can be changed. I don't know what changes this produces in alignment.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shortest pad is the #1 pad. The pads increase by 5mm per #, so the difference in height between a #1 pad and a #5 pad is 20mm, or approximately 7/8'. You can easily tell one pad from another since they have a little identifier bumps that correspond to the # of the pad (i.e. a #3 pad will have 3 bumps). <br> <br> Easy math: Cound the bumps, multiply by 5 (mm), divide by 25.4 (convert to inches) will give the net effect of the pad in inches. Note that the front pads are larger in diameter than the rears, so they are not interchangable front to back.<br> <br> BTW,I did the H&R setup (1.3' front, 1.4' rear) with a #1 pad in the front and a #2 pad in the rear...then later moved all the pads to #1s as I didn't like the forward tilt look--too 80's Camaro-looking for my tastes.<br> <br> My care is located in the Gallery under Keoni's E-Klasse. The tires are one size too small, so take that into consideration when you view the fender gap.<br> <br> Aloha,<br> Keoni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just put in the hr springs and bilstein sport shocks, and for the last three days have beenvery satisfied. The ride is slightly harsher by 5-10% at the most, but the handling, stability and sense of direction has improved 30-40%. turn in seems a bit sharper. i'd recommend this to anyone who feels that the ride is too soft or spongy. Shocks aabout 400, springs 300 or so , and insstallation will vary from 400-800 depending on where you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts