Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lowering W-140

1140 5
I want to lower my Sclass. I'm looking at the Eibach lowering springs. If you have lowered you benz, can you please give me you input. If anyone has any imformation in this matter please reply. I would like to do this real soon.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The car rides very nice with Eibachs. The only thing I don't like about it is how it drops the car. The fronts seem lower than the rear that's why I chose H&R's. They're a bit harsher on the road but still rides nicely.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Lowering W-140

thank you very much for your input. i think i'm going to go with the Éibachs. it seems the the front has more space then the rear. so if the Eibachs lower the car more from the front then the back, maybe thats why it looks that way to you. besides you seem to think it rides better with Eibach. thanks again

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:: Lowering W-140 - for nothing!!

The truth is since the S has adjustable air suspention the car can be adjusted to be as low as you deem necessary. I have 20' lorinser LM-5s and had the tech mechanic adjust each side until i was happy with the look. I gave him a few hundred for his time, but other than that this costs nothing and has no adverse effects to the car other than limmiting the wheel clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.