Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've got a 638 panel van, that I currently have 20 inch wheels on, and it is in need of lowering. I see it needs lowering more up front than in the rear. I see lowering kits F50/R35, has anyone fitted lowering springs like this on 20 inch rims? Has there been any problems?
I maybe buying springs from losuspension.com has anyone used this company before and can give me any feedback?

Stewart

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Stuart,

Can't help you with any advice regarding suspension, but just wanted to say hi !
I'm only just up the road in Chichester and drive through Worthing quite often as my 2 kids live in Brighton.

Don't suppose you know anything about the Black Death ?? :D

Paul

·
Registered
Vito 112CDI
147 Posts
I'd steer clear of the PI 50/35 lowering springs (on advice from the pros!)...

1. PI springs are real hard
2. PI springs are real shite
3. fitting 50/35 springs is gonna involve cutting front shocks - or you can get hold on Koni 'red' (I think...) shortened shocks to replace them $$$

But is this all worth it for the sake of 10mm?

Coilies are gonna cost you in excess of £1000 and bagging even more...

I fitted Cobra springs with a 40mm drop all round (admittedly I would've like to have dumped the front more than the rear), great ride, stiff round corners.
Mid range price springs.

Give Duncan @ Circumference Wheels a shout

FUZZ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi SpannerMonkey, sorry can't help with Black death, as it hasn't happened to me yet! Good to see someone local on here.

Thanks, for info Fuzzbox, and your van looks really sweet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't PI springs I was going to buy, but ones from LOsuspension.com. Has anyone purchased and fitted these?

Stewart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is on 20"s and was lowered with Jamex springs, stay well clear of them. The rear springs are incapable of supporting the vans weight and what was supposed to be a 40mm drop at the rear turned out closer to 100mm. The fronts are fine but the rears I ended up replacing with STD

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've Cobra's on mine..tbh i'm thinking of clamping the standard springs..i find the combination of low profile tyres (both 18 and 19 inch) to be literally a pain in the arse...unless you're on motorways all day....I'm back on the stock 15's at the mo...look crap but cuuumfy...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
few pics of mine off my phone, last ones the " 40mm " jamex springs on the rear .....

no where near finished yet but you get the idea ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have custom made some arch extensions ;)
will pop a more recent pic up tomorrow seeing as the bodywork is 99% done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but has anyone fitted any of the lowering springs fro LOsuspension?

Just reversed my van of the drive, heard this God awefull noise. Stopped. Got out and it appears that one of my front springs has snapped :eek:

Need to replace ALL the springs as I have no idea what condition the others might be in. Might as well have lowering springs to help reduce the roly poly ride.
Had a look around this forum and I know to stay clear of PI springs, however COBRA springs are over £250 inc delivery, whereas the ones from LOsuspension are £119.99 inc delivery and VAT

The COBRA ones have a larger drop which i would prefer, but not enough to warrent an extra £130+ !!

So, does anyone have any advise on th LOsuspension springs?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well that goes without saying, but I was after specific advise regarding the actual springs :rolleyes:

Besides, there are many things out there where the cheaper item is actualy better.
Heck, my 10 year old Ford Cougar beats my 10 year old Mercedes Vito in build quality and quality of materials used ! Can't believe how cheap and nasty the wiring is for instance compared to my Ford !

Anyhow, getting back on topic, has anyone used the springs from LOsuspension?
Whilst it is documented on this forum that PI springs snap, there is no mention of these TUV approved springs, hence my request for information.

Thanks

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts