Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport/1991 Porsche C2/2010 Audi A4 Avant
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to need to replace my suspension soon, not too sure but feels a little mushy. Thought I would lower it at the same time. Thinking about the H&R Touring Cup Kit. Anyone running these? Is there a better route, please share. Don't want a harsh ride, but a little lower stance and firm ride would be nice.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
i think you probably want the h&r sport springs then. the touring kit drops the car more which is going to absorb less of the bumps. mine is dropped on H&R sport springs with 18" wheels. you can see what it looks like in my sig.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is the ride height I was looking for. What shocks/struts are you using. The H&R Sport Cup kit shows a lower drop than the Touring Kit. The Sport springs show the same ride height as Touring kit. Anyone have experience with Eibach?

·
Registered
95 C220
1,362 Posts
eibachs tends to lower the car a little more coz the springs arent as stiff as h&rs....

there's also vogtland springs you might want to consider..

im on h&r sports with bilstein sports...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
they may have changed the name, but mine dropped the car a little over an inch. im also using bilstein sports because of the size of my wheels and tires i was concerned about possible rubbing, so i wanted the least amount of travel from the shocks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok going to go with the H&R Sport Springs and run Bilstein HD shocks. I think that is going to be the best setup to run.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
as i think i stated before, if you change the amount of rubber on the tires like low profile tires i think that will be the biggest noticable difference in ride comfort. if you want a sport sedan... there will just be that sporty feel to the suspension... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts