Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1985 (Euro) 300TD Service Wagon
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there was some talk in the past and a group buy on the Vogtland Springs. And that seemed to have gone over well. But I was wondering if anyone was interested in some H&R Springs?

I have a really good friend who works for them. And after doing some research we found that they still offer lowering springs for the W123 Chassis. He is getting all the technical specs in the next day or so from Germany.

From what we found is that it fits all models of the W123 Wagon/Sedan/Coupe and the lowering on the kit is 30mm front and rear (1.18 Inches). As said I will have more info later this week hopefully.

Just trying to feel out the market on these and see what kind of interest their is on them. Let me know what you think.

I sell a lot of H&R thru my store right now and figured on a whim id ask if he could look some info up. Thats how we ran across these springs. As far as he can tell they never brought them in to North America via H&R NA. If I where to guess on the cost of the springs it would prob be in the $255-$260 range. But don't hold me to it until I hear some more. If it works out I am going to see if we can do a group buy on them.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
There are lingerers but I doubt you could get the kinda of interest we had, there was like 30+ buyers in the last. We had a special run, yours sound like they are available off the shelf? I might be interested in a set of fronts for the wifes wagon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well will see. I wasn't expecting a huge response. I was mainly checking for my self so I thought I would ask and see if anyone else would be interested. They ship every 6 weeks from what he told me from H&R Germany to there offices here in the states. Just thought that if anyone wanted some more info like myself. That I would spread the love and offer the same deal to them since I will probably ordering mine.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
1977 280CE EURO, 1979 280CE EURO
112 Posts
I would be interested in a set possibly two, post the price when you find out something.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The problem with the H&R springs is that its such a mild drop, you will not be even able to tell that its lowered.

Waste of time.

There is a set of Vogtlands on ebay right now. The car below is running Vogtlands.

·
Registered
1980 280te 1979 Rabbit D 1969 Triumph T100C
1,406 Posts
ZOMFG aircooled why are you teasing this way post the damn photo set. I am def interested in H&R's. dont know nothing about vogtlands but i beleive H&R offers a 50mm for sedans + coupes. The wagon version is 30mm. There is almost always a pair on ebay.de

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
"The Don" is selling his Vogtland's

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So got a bit more info...

This is what they are showing for springs available to order.
#634 W123 Wagon Gas 30mm drop
#635 W123 Wagon Diesel 30mm drop
#535 W123 Sedan/Coupe Gas 50mm drop
#536 W123 Sedan/Coupe Diesel 50mm drop

They once again put in the email that they have only sold and tested these springs on W123 models orig. sold in Europe and can not confirm if at all any changes that would have been made to US models.

They are working on prices right now so im still keeping my fingers crossed.

As far as getting the springs...
They have them in stock and would ship them on H&R's next shipment to H&R North America. Usually every 6 weeks.

As soon as I hear more I will let you all know. As I said before I am buying these for my self. If I can help anyone else wanting a set of these I am more then happy to order more pieces.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
I would love to ge the H&R units...I have VENTRA springs out of the UK...Back in 2000 or so when I bough them I could not get any info - from anyone...Until my room mate came back from a European trip with a EUROCAR catalog...So I went for them...

This is my car dropped 45mm
Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sorry dude, but that body kit + the turn signals has to go, and you need to lower the front end more, or raise the rear up.

·
Registered
'09 E350 4-matic sport, '83 240D 4-speed (sold), '77/'78 450SLC (junked), '81 500SLC (junked)
845 Posts
Sorry dude, but that body kit + the turn signals has to go, and you need to lower the front end more, or raise the rear up.
I disagree, the stance is perfect. AMG agrees with me: AMG-Classics . But let's not get into this debate again. The front fender arches on these cars are hella high.

·
Registered
1983 240d AT1993 e320 AT
2,270 Posts
By HnR

If I may share, here is my 1985 300d-turbo with HnR Springs on 17" D93s (215 40s)

Front:

Rear:

When settled, looks like this:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks nice. How is the ride on the H&R's if I may ask? And what struts/shocks are you running.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo 1972 BMW 3.0CS
497 Posts
I'd be interested in the 30mm diesel wagon springs... I am primarily interested in improving handling over drop level and I dont want to go real low. The Vogtlands were a little too low for my tastes. I figure I'd have my ideal stance with the 30mm drop, thickest spring pads in the rear, and smaller ones up front. I'll be watching this thread for more info.... H&R's are great, have used them on previous cars with good results.

·
Registered
"91" w124 230e on air ride suspension.. "95" Mitsubishi Evolution 3 CD9A [email protected]
25 Posts
if you wanna go real low why not consider airbag suspension ? i went for the airbag suspension and haven't looked back,, doubles your comfort (plus its fun to play with :p ), you can nearly sit it on the ground or 7 inches higher from the ground? or have it any height you want.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
HAA. first time you've seen this car aircooled? he posts it in just about every single body kit/custom/wheels/lowering thread ever. Its ford powered to seal the deal.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
dasbig you are so baller. I am so psyched on this. Does anyone have any idea why the wagon drop is only 30? Only thing i can imagine is SLS related.

edit: yes to airbags.

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Has anyone done airbags on a w123? I mean I'm sure people have done it, but are there any pictures?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts