Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last I heard there was only 1 company that offered lowering springs for the 4matics...I think it was a coilover kit and pretty pricey.

Have you guys heard of other lowering springs that are available for the 4matics?

What is it about the 4matic system that requires special springs? :confused:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Eibach makes lowering springs and I believe they are around $300-500 maybe more. Haven't yet decided if I want to lower my MB but i've had eibach springs on another car and they are really good quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eibach makes lowering springs and I believe they are around $300-500 maybe more. Haven't yet decided if I want to lower my MB but i've had eibach springs on another car and they are really good quality. :thumbsup:
Damn...I think that's about how much the others were too. I think H&R made them

I had Eibach Pro-Kit on my Mustang and loved them.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I had Eibach Pro-Kit on my Mustang and loved them.
I had a pro-kit as well and the drop was perfect. I'm nervous to drop my benz because I don't want it to have the appearence of it being slammed, just sporty. I'd recommend eibach, the pro kit is what i'm going to use if I decide to drop.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I didnt think eibach made kits for the 4matic... I thought only one brand did... Vaugtland or something like that Voltland or Volgtland... some german company...

I have seen tien i think it was make a full suspension for the 4 matic but it was 2000 shipped it was also 16 point adjustable and a full suspension coilover setup....

I have looked for eibach stuff on tire rack (natorious for not selling things if they dont fit) and I couldnt come up with a kit for the 4matic... maybe I am just spacing out.

Anyone got a link to 4matic lowering setup that is not 2000$ ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well damn, your the man :)

hahah Thanks... looks like my bitch is guna be dropped come summer timeeeee :)

good work PJAY :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
http://store.s u m m i t r a c i n g.com/partdetail.asp?part=EIB%2D2563%2D140&view=32&N=700+150+4294898870+4294846476+4294838759+4294868337+4294853730&appfilter=1#Application

Looks like this is for the 4 matic too...
Eibach website itself has them listed too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have called eibach, h&r,tein, b&g, and other companys direct call and none of them make lowering kits for the 4 matic eibach told me that they didnt make it bcuz they could not make them perform like other springs they make and said that the car has alot more weight and total diff suspention

1 - 10 of 10 Posts