Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML550 /// 2003 E320 /// 2013 CLS 550 (renntech)
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys..so I have read thru hundreds of post between people arguing that H&R are best, Eibach are best, Brabus are best...and of course, they all suck the car was not ment to be lowered.

IF you guys were going to choose one spring to lower your car, and yes I do understand the ride will be slightly stiffer, WHAT BRAND would you choose.. this of course is directed at thoose of you with lowered ML's.

I was going to just drop a pretty penny and get the brabus, but after calling the brabus usa dealer, he said they dont make them anymore for the 2008 w164 (even though its in there catalog?!?) any truth to this? if not, where can I find brabus springs or what is the best brand to lower it at least a 1.4"

I dont mind spending a few extra hundred for brabus (if available), or carlson or lorinser..etc... airbags is not a option, so dont even mention it.

Someone help!!!!

this will be going on 2008 ML550 with 14k miles.

·
Registered
09 ML350, 07 E350 (sold)
12 Posts
I lowered my 09 ML & I went with Eibach springs & also changed out my struts as well. Go to tirerack to see what's compatible for your vehicle. I use tirerack as a refrence point, but sometimes their prices are hard beat.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lowered my 09 ML & I went with Eibach springs & also changed out my struts as well. Go to tirerack to see what's compatible for your vehicle. I use tirerack as a refrence point, but sometimes their prices are hard beat.

Hope this helps.
Lou thanks for your reply!!! ... going to post new thread about experience. Everything was a success!! Diy'd it

·
Registered
2 Posts
mssg for Lou

Lou, I have an 09 ml350 as well and find the suspension to much pitch and roll on uneven roads. Note: Not referring to "pot holes" really. Not as much an issue on highway where things are more level.

I do not have air suspension.

Can you share why you lowered your 09 and any observations since then?

thanks to Maverick for the posts - I was looking for this information from a real user.

·
Registered
09 ML350, 07 E350 (sold)
12 Posts
What's up Neffsrus,

I switched out my factory suspension for that same reason. To much pitch & roll. The steering felt....boaty (if thats the correct terminology), granted its an SUV and shouldn't be driven like a sports car, but theres nothing like taking corners at 60 mph & seeing the persons face in the vehicle next to you! Lol. I'm joking...but after lowering my ML I had to go with bigger (22") wheels/tires as well to complete the package. Now I'll admit the ride quality is a bit harsher than factory standards, but nothing to drastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Much appreciated. So the lowering helped the pitch and roll problem? (good term to describe it). Just curious, expensive job?

Thanks again Sir.

·
Registered
09 ML350, 07 E350 (sold)
12 Posts
That is correct. No more Pitch & Roll, depending the route you take. Like me, I switched out both struts & springs. It could get costly. You can find them items online for reasonable prices & find yourself a good mechanic to do the install you'll be fine. I saved Thousands avoiding the MB dealership. I was quoted $3400 for the install at the dealership. My mechanic charged me half that. I think I paid $1200 for all. That's springs, struts & install.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey nerf...check out my other thread I posted.. but pics up there too.

Ride is great, less roll... still have the 19's on the car...but going with 20x10's next week. Rides more comfortable then factory now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts