Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C240 Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the optimal ride lowering height for looks while maintaining a comfortable ride? I was looking at my car(w/sports pkg) parked next to Ford Taurus and there's really no difference!

Any recommendations on springs? And does this void the warranty on suspension?

[xx(]

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
From what I know, there are three spring kits, the H&R is the most aggresive at 1.4", the ...

From what I know, there are three spring kits, the H&R is the most aggresive at 1.4", the Eibach is in the middle at 1.1" and the Kleemann which is under an 1". It depends on the car. The coupe is already 1/2" lower than the sedan to begin with so I would not hesitate in lowering the sedan more than the coupe. You can always cut the factory springs to any height you chose, the problem being how much do you cut, it's all trial and error. Lowering springs will affect your ride and so will the larger wheels you would end up sticking under there to complete the look. The Kleemann is the least aggresive and likely gives you the best ride and least camber adjustment problems. If you don't compensate for the camber angle your tires will not last long.

·
Registered
C240 Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I'm thinking of 18 inch wheels. I'll probably buy aftermarkets springs and keep m...

Thanks...I'm thinking of 18 inch wheels. I'll probably buy aftermarkets springs and keep my originals just in case the ride becomes unbearable on these Boston roads!

·
Registered
01 c320 sport
98 Posts
my experience

I have the c320 with the sports package as well. i have the H&R cup kit and it's nice. soft ride. i can take a pic of it and send it to you...

·
Registered
C240 Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure! I would really like to see some pictures.[:)]...

Sure! I would really like to see some pictures.[:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts