Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 1998 C43 that was lowered, and my driveway is at a high slope, so I was wondering if there was any trouble involved in raising, once lowered, cars. I heard they were, but I'll ask the pros on here. Thanks

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
To go back to stock height, just stick stock springs in (front and rear). To get a little...

To go back to stock height, just stick stock springs in (front and rear). To get a little more height than you have, consider using thicker spring pads, as long as you aren't running the thickest already.

Note that changing either requires nearly the same amount of work, keeping the same springs will save you one decompress/recompress per corner.

-s-

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost?

do you have any idea roughly what it will cost to replace the lowering springs with the originals?

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
just dod what i do put it in reverse or if your driveway is wide enough put it in sideways...

just dod what i do put it in reverse or if your driveway is wide enough put it in sideways.

·
Registered
98 C43
2 Posts
Re: Cost?

do you have any idea roughly what it will cost to replace the lowering springs with the originals?
i'm not sure what you'd be paying for labor, but if you're interested in my stock setup, i'd be willing to part with it. i also have a 98 c43. i swapped it out a few months ago at scorchies place. send me an email if you're interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I had it put back to stock a bit ago.
I too have shocks for sale.
They are H/R s...

Sorry, I had it put back to stock a bit ago.
I too have shocks for sale.
They are H/R sport springs, lowering the 43 about 1.5 inches.
We should put them up on ebay... I think that is the only place we have a chance of selling them at.

·
Registered
98 C43
2 Posts
sorry, i didn't realise that your post was from November[:)]...

sorry, i didn't realise that your post was from November[:)]

·
Registered
C43, NSX
6 Posts
Returning to OEM suspension

Wyatt,
Is this to say you are have a set of the H&R Springs occupying space in your garage?
I have been considering the same as an upgrade.
Let me know if you are interested in selling them.
Chris C

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,
I have HR's strait from Deutshland! Great condition - only used a few thousand mile...

Yes,
I have HR's strait from Deutshland! Great condition - only used a few thousand miles. My driveway is too steep, so they were not used very long. Lowers a C43 about 1-2 inches. Give the car a nice sporty look.
Tell me what you think...
Wyatt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts