Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just installed the lowering kit this weekend, eibach springs (30mm) with bilstein sprint shocks and nr 2 pad forward and nr 1 pad in the rear but I have a problem. It's around 20mm higher on the driver side when I*m measure from the fender and down to the ground through the center of the wheel, both forward and rear. I'm sure that the springs are in it's track at the bottom and in the pad.

What can be wrong? Will it even out after a while?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
20mm is a WHOLE lot when it comes to suspension... I would make sure you got the "correct" springs.. make sure you have the correct spring pads... and tat they are sitting right.. this is weird... ive heard of 5, 8.... heck, maybe 10.. but 20 is too much!!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20mm is a WHOLE lot when it comes to suspension... I would make sure you got the "correct" springs.. make sure you have the correct spring pads... and tat they are sitting right.. this is weird... ive heard of 5, 8.... heck, maybe 10.. but 20 is too much!!!
All the springs are the same partnumber, 2552-140 and the pads are the same on each side both forward and rear. I also checked the seating with my eyes, the end of the spring is at the stop at the arm and on the pad, Befoe I installed the springs I cleaned the springtracks for dirt and stones.

What could be wrong? Before I installed the springs I checked the length with eachother and they seem to be same length. :( So now my car, seen from the rear is to low on the passanger side..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Arotished

The part numbers for front and rear springs should be different, they may look the same size on the bench but im told they are loaded differently

The Prokit serial number is E2552-140
Front Springs - F2552101VA
Rear Springs - F2552102HA

Sounds like you may have put the rear springs on the left as it were .... maybe

Hope the info helps

cheers

bignose

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Arotished

The part numbers for front and rear springs should be different, they may look the same size on the bench but im told they are loaded differently

The Prokit serial number is E2552-140
Front Springs - F2552101VA
Rear Springs - F2552102HA

Sounds like you may have put the rear springs on the left as it were .... maybe

Hope the info helps

cheers

bignose

Thanks for the tip bignose but I have'nt mix them because that's impossible, the rear and front spring is total different, the front is much larger and would'nt fit the rear.

Maybe I need to buy diffrent pads to even the spings out :( I can change the two nr 2 pads on the front to nr 1pad on the high side and nr 3 on the low side and nr 3 pad on the low rear side.

L

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the tip bignose but I have'nt mix them because that's impossible, the rear and front spring is total different, the front is much larger and would'nt fit the rear..
Yup, because of difference sizes !! Did you have all 4 orignal pads out? There could be one pad still inside. My second guess is, The spring might not seated onto the pad grove.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yup, because of difference sizes !! Did you have all 4 orignal pads out? There could be one pad still inside. My second guess is, The spring might not seated onto the pad grove.
I bet it is your second guess. It it were the first, it would be off by a lot more than 20 mm.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the 4 original pads where out, two nr 4 front and two nr 2 rear.

Thanks for the tips but I've checked the seating, and the end of the spring is in the endstop in the springgrove and in the endstop in the pad...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would recommend changing your shocks as well.

About eight months ago when I needed to change tires I also installed the Eibach Pro Kit but did not change my shocks as I thought they were fine. Within 6 weeks my new front tires were worn unevenly to the point where they needed to be replaced. After investigating if the failures were due to manufacturing defects I accepted, based on examination and literature, that the failures were due to "worn suspension parts". I replaced all shocks, bought new tires at a major discount from the same vendor and no related problems since. However, after replacing my shocks I noticed the ride height increased in the rear by about 5 mm. I didn't expect the shocks to make much difference in ride height.

Perhaps your older shocks are sitting at uneven heights since the change in your springs. I'm no expert but just sharing my experience hoping this helps...

PS FYI
Although I had requested a change-out of all shim pads during the spring replacement, the technicians "forgot". I suspect my front pads are severely compressed as my front height is ridiculously low even with #4 pads. I'm purchasing new pads tomorrow and hope to replace them on the weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts