Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, 2000 CL500 both silver with black interior. 2005 C230Kompressor Sport Red with Blk Int
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a seller on Ebay who sells lowering modules that look EXACTLY like the Renntech V2 and he has the same remote so I contacted them to ask about it and he said
"Yes it is exactly the same unit, we are the manufacturer. RennTech was one of our distributor."

The company is called Programa and the Ebay seller name is Programainc. The cheapest I found a Renntech V2 with remote was $1345 so $950 is about $400 cheaper. At first I figured that I would be saving $400 by getting this "generic" version but from what he said, I am now guessing that they make them and Renntech puts their name on them. Can anybody verify if there is any truth to that? I am planning on getting a lowering module because I like the lowered look when I am stopped, but once I start driving I want everything to return to factory ride height so I know my alignment is perfect and my road clearance is good.

·
Registered
2003 CL600
455 Posts
That could well be true, they probably manufactured the module for Renntech and Renntech probably had timed exclusivity rights.

You can also find the same module buy an other brand here Mercedes

notice that all the .pdf manuals are exactly the same...

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, 2000 CL500 both silver with black interior. 2005 C230Kompressor Sport Red with Blk Int
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could well be true, they probably manufactured the module for Renntech and Renntech probably had timed exclusivity rights.

You can also find the same module buy an other brand here Mercedes

notice that all the .pdf manuals are exactly the same...
Yea, I hace been to loweringmodule before. Thats where I found the Renntech for $1345. They have that LOMO M1 thing but it doesnt 215s though. I am working on getting a discount on that V2 with remote though. There is a person on MBWorld who says that loweringmod had a special last month and they got the Renntech V2 with remote for $999 so I am checking to see if I can get that same hook up but the person hasnt replied. Eitherway though, that company that says they are the manufacturer has it for $950 all day everyday so I would probably just get it there anyway. I asked for a discount from them but they said its already a discount which is true I suppose. I always ask though, if I can get a discount on a discount on a discount I will take it. I got my car at about 86% off the MSRP so I like deals. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts