Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like a lot of other fellow E55 owners would like to lower the car to reduce the gap between wheel wells (especially the rear).<p>I have read the messages on the board re: lowering but just wanted to know the most cost effective way to lower my car.<p>I know some of you have either lowered via Brabus suspension kit (springs/shocks etc.), Euro Spec AMG Spring kit or just changing the Spring Pads.<p>It looks like the Spring Pads is the cheapest way but I was wondering if anyone with this change can post a pic of their car so that I can see for myself that there is a difference. I'm just afraid to change the pads but no noticable difference. <p>I know Brabus has a great suspension system but it seems expensive $2,000 vs. a couple bucks for the pads.<p>I'm in So. Cal (Irvine to be exact) so I'm close to Brabus N.A. head office in Newport.<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<p>(2001 E55 - Silver/Charcoal - 8,500 miles).<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a link to MBWorld.org's thread by Frank W.<br>Mind you it's a CLK55, but I think you get the "picture"...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost-effective....

If you go with just spring pads, it will still cost you a decent amount since they will have to take out the springs to replace them. Difference is subtle. I suggest getting the pads from your dealer and Eibach springs. AMG Springs are made by Eibach. Cost would be 'bout $4 each for the pads and 'bout $300 for the springs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for yourself on March 17th

Go to the So Cal E55 meet and see for yourself the differences between all the various suspension options!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is the meet going to take place?

: Go to the So Cal E55 meet and see for yourself the differences between all the various suspension options! <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Look for yourself on March 17th

Thanks Phil,<p>I think I will do just that.<br>Did you lower your car? I remember seeing a post from you requesting info on this.<p>Oh, btw, where is the meet on March 17th??<br>Is it only for E55 owners or for all Mercedes owners?? Some more info would be appreciated.<p>Thanks.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ooop... here is the link: http://www.MBWORLD.ORG/forum/w208/board/messages/11836.html

Nice pic David.<p>Thanks.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
March 17th Info

is available on www.mbworld.org. The sysop there is hosting it next Saturday. I believe we start in Santa Monica then head into Malibu hills.<p>Regarding suspensions, I have not done anything yet. Still waiting to see some in real life. I am leaning towards the AMG though because I've heard that the Brabus is too much of a compromise in ride.<p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts