1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
c320
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people,
i am new here so please be gentle!
i currently own a c320 avantgarde have just upgraded to a set of c32 amg wheels. The height of the arch is still a bit too high for me and was wondering what would be best to lower this by?
i am thinking 30mm but have been looking online an cannot find a suitable company to provide the springs..
Wanted 18s but think this may comprimise the ride a bit too much!
thanks in advance

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
mobeyone - 3/5/2005 8:00 AM

...ondering what would be best to lower this by?
i am thinking 30mm but have been looking online an cannot find a suitable company to provide the springs...
There are several companies with good sport springs for the W203 C Class. My personal favorite are Eibach and H&R.

If you do not want to compromise the ride comfort, I recommend Eibach. The Eibach Pro Kit is a sure shot. If you want to go a bit lower, and do not mind a harder ride, I am sure you will love the H&R kit.

We discussed the topic some time ago in http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1199197&posts=11&hl=. Please notice the links to photos of my previous C320 with Eibach Pro Kit in the thread.

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
do they just sell front lowering kit/springs
the rear is good.. just my front i have a big ass gap help

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
WaveyKat - 3/5/2005 7:03 PM

do they just sell front lowering kit/springs
the rear is good...
I don't think so. But is you place a want-to-buy ad, somebody might have spare front springs. On the other hand, the sport springs are not about lowering only. They also affect the handling. Because of this, I would recommend always doing all 4 springs. If you do not do the rear, your car might feel weird.

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
what about if i get the springs off a 2005 C230 SS and put it on the front what u think about that cuz i really don't have that hard ride if i change to the H&R sport springs
i just want the GAP in the front to be lower i have a BIG ASS GAP maybe about 4 inches From the wheel to the fender and thats not kool

·
Registered
c320
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the reply!
i live in the uk, can i buy h&r springs over here? or does anyone have a partnumber?
thanks

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
am thinking about put on some 19" wheels will that help to fill some gap space also how much does the h&R cup kit goes for $$$
and springs seperate $$$

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
mobeyone - 3/6/2005 11:06 AM
thanks for the reply!
i live in the uk, can i buy h&r springs over here? or does anyone have a partnumber?
thanks
i'm sure u can buy at UK...
check hrsprings.com for part #...

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
WaveyKat - 3/6/2005 1:34 PM
am thinking about put on some 19" wheels will that help to fill some gap space also how much does the h&R cup kit goes for $$$
and springs seperate $$$
cup kit goes for +/- $600
springs go for +/- $300

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
http://www.hr-spezialfedern.de/index.php?sprache=en is the H&R web page for the UK. Other spring makers are Eibach, Vogtland and B+G. B+G is a Swedish company, the others are German. You can get adjustable height suspensions (coilovers) from H&R, Eibach, Bilstein and KW. Don't waste money on springs from the name brand tuners. You are just paying for them to put their name on products from the companies named above.

In Europe, MB sells cars with a variety of spring options. If you have access to the parts catalog, you may be able to find MB springs that meet your requirements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts