Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C230 Kompressor, and 2010 C350 4Matic
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow MB owners...
I just got some 17inch AMG Wheels off SL55 for my C230K. I want to lower my car, but don't want to really sacrifice too much ride quality. Would anyone know if the factory C43 shocks/springs or C230/C280 sport package shocks/springs would be a better choice than purchasing aftermarket Koni/Bleinsten SHocks and H&R/Eibach Springs?

If so, anyone willing to sell their factory C43/C36 or OEM Sport Package Shocks/Springs for my C230k?

I don't want to drop my car too much, maybe another 1.5 to 2inches

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Hi Fellow MB owners...
I just got some 17inch AMG Wheels off SL55 for my C230K. I want to lower my car, but don't want to really sacrifice too much ride quality. Would anyone know if the factory C43 shocks/springs or C230/C280 sport package shocks/springs would be a better choice than purchasing aftermarket Koni/Bleinsten SHocks and H&R/Eibach Springs?

If so, anyone willing to sell their factory C43/C36 or OEM Sport Package Shocks/Springs for my C230k?

I don't want to drop my car too much, maybe another 1.5 to 2inches

Thanks in advance for your responses.
What year SL55 are your wheels from? If it is 2003, they will not fit properly. The offset, although a bit extreme, will work. However, the 14mm lug size is inappropriate for the W202, and if mounted, there will be very little metal holding the wheel on.

I am not sure if you're referring to an SL55 of current manufacture because the recent ones do not come with 17" size wheels.

Also, as the C43 is heavier than your car, using springs from it will cause your car to be raised, not lowered. THe C36 is even heavier in front and might even cause a greater height increase.

If you want fair ride quality, go with Eibach and Bilstein HDs. Then at least you can buy the proper setup for your car, and it might even be at a similar cost as buying someone's used springs/shocks.

-s-

·
Registered
1999 C230 Kompressor, and 2010 C350 4Matic
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it wasn't the SL55... You're probably right.. however its the 5spoke AMG's..

In...

Maybe it wasn't the SL55... You're probably right.. however its the 5spoke AMG's..

In any case.. thanks for your reply. I've been digging through the H&R website, adn have been looking at coilovers. If i decide to get Coil overs, will I need to get Shocks on top of it? I thought Coilovers included springs/shocks and were adjustable.

Am I correct?

If so, what do you think about coil overs in general? Good buy? Good ride quality?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
coilovers

I don't believe there are any production coil-over systems for the W202 available... so the question is moot!

-s-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts