Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SL600 SA
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you could help me sort this out. I have a 2002 SL600 Silver Arrow. After reading one of Chriswufgator's posts regarding ride height, I brought the car to the dealer to have the front suspension lowered by 2 centimeters since the car rides too high for my taste. That afternoon when I came to pick it up, the service manager said that they needed to take everything apart and check the whole system since the car could not store the parameters.

The printout I got from the dealer was like this:

ADS | Level adjustment
--------------------------
Normal level could not
be stored

Possible cause:
- Level sensors in
unauthorized range
- Level signal defective
- Control module defective

What would you advise that I do? Do I let them go ahead and fiddle around till they get it right or do I just leave it as is and wait for the chance to go to a competent dealer? I live in El Paso, TX and there is only one Benz dealership. A dealer or indy in Phoenix, perhaps?

The car rides fine. The level switch functions and lowers/raises the car. The suspension firmness switch works as well. I have no issues with the suspension and am completely satisfied with the car. I just find that the front stands a bit high though I think that the car has the normal stance when compared to others.

·
Undercover Moderator
2002 SL BRABUS 5.8 Silver Arrow; 1992 SL BRABUS B11; 1996 S Class diplomat ride
5,331 Posts
I was wondering if you could help me sort this out. I have a 2002 SL600 Silver Arrow. After reading one of Chriswufgator's posts regarding ride height, I brought the car to the dealer to have the front suspension lowered by 2 centimeters since the car rides too high for my taste. That afternoon when I came to pick it up, the service manager said that they needed to take everything apart and check the whole system since the car could not store the parameters.

The printout I got from the dealer was like this:

ADS | Level adjustment
--------------------------
Normal level could not
be stored

Possible cause:
- Level sensors in
unauthorized range
- Level signal defective
- Control module defective

What would you advise that I do? Do I let them go ahead and fiddle around till they get it right or do I just leave it as is and wait for the chance to go to a competent dealer? I live in El Paso, TX and there is only one Benz dealership. A dealer or indy in Phoenix, perhaps?

The car rides fine. The level switch functions and lowers/raises the car. The suspension firmness switch works as well. I have no issues with the suspension and am completely satisfied with the car. I just find that the front stands a bit high though I think that the car has the normal stance when compared to others.
Well, the dealer is dumb....... Of course if you modified the ride height you will get this error code...... The dealer use the star diagnosis system to plug in your ecu.... Those system go by the original specification.......

If, I were you don't worry about it.... My ex 7.3 is lower too.... and nothing wrong.....:thumbsup:

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
If the car rides fine I would not, Open A Can of Worms, by letting that dealership touch your ADS. There Service Dept. sales pitch sounds like a money hungry Stealership to me. The whole car can be lowered by the SDS if the right person knows what there doing. So before you let ANYONE touch your beautiful SL600 SA make sure they really know what the heck there doing.

BTW, your the only person on this forum that actually owns a SL600 SA so when you get a chance would you please post some pictures of the interior and exterior w/ Pano roof so that the guys can drool at
2002 SL600 Silver Arrow w/ Pano and
R129 PHOTO GALLERY

·
Registered
2002 SL600 SA
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics

I will post pics soon as I get the chance. And I will indeed take your advice and leave the stance as is.

Sincerely, Francis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts