Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new to this forum guys, and I was wondering if anyone had any input on the best way to lower a 2000 s430. I have seen some aftermarket kits that plug in for 1,000 or more, but I am looking for something a little more reasonable.

Has anyone attempted any costum setups? I was thining about purchasing some air valves and attempting to put them into the system so when I hit a button it just realeased all the rest of the air of of the struts. Does that makes scense and will it work?????

HELP

[email protected]

·
Registered
2008 S63 with 22's - 03 S500 with 20's- 07 R Class with 22's - 2011 GL 350 BT with 22's
48 Posts
Well I am new to this forum guys, and I was wondering if anyone had any input on the best way to lower a 2000 s430. I have seen some aftermarket kits that plug in for 1,000 or more, but I am looking for something a little more reasonable.

Has anyone attempted any costum setups? I was thining about purchasing some air valves and attempting to put them into the system so when I hit a button it just realeased all the rest of the air of of the struts. Does that makes scense and will it work?????

HELP

[email protected]
Well lowering it with valves and buttons will be a disaster. Too many people buy these cheap olders S430 and want to pimp them out. It started out as a $75k plus dollar car and just cause you can buy one cheap is probably the wrong reason to buy one. $1000 is frankly not a bad deal if you want to lower this car. Most cars cost that or more to lower if you use springs and struts.
I am not trying to flame you on this. I have a S500 and spent the $1600 to buy the Carlson C Tronic suspension module to lower it properly. Anything other than Brabus, or Carlson would be a bad idea. The electronics and air systems on these cars can cost you thousands if not ten's of thousands of dollars if you damage them.

Be careful and I would suggest doing a little research next time before you buy to know what you are getting in to. If you start messing around with the air system on this car you could ruin a system that can cost up to $3k to replace and could cost thousand's more if you are driving and something breaks. It would drop the car down on to your wheels and tires and do some serious damage.

Regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where do I locate these kits? Also have you heard anything about the Eibach Pro Tronic Kit. Is that a decent kit?

How about a Lorinser Lowering Module. Are those good?

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Where do I locate these kits? Also have you heard anything about the Eibach Pro Tronic Kit. Is that a decent kit?

How about a Lorinser Lowering Module. Are those good?
Don't waste your money on those expensive electronic kits..

Just get yourself a set of lowering arms for less than 200.00 they work great!!

Just checkout Adjustable Air Ride

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
you can lower it for less than $200 , use Star Diagnostic system.........same as dealers use. If you find an independent MB shop they can change height settings.........even some dealers might do it.....look around!

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
what do i exactly ask the dealer?
just tell them that you want to lower your ride height via Star Diagnostic......not all dealers do it, but you can try. Go from there...see what they say

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts

Or swap out the original parts for these . . .

It thinks the car is lifted.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts

·
Registered
1999 S430 w220
202 Posts
That's right, you can adjust suspension height using StarDiagnose.
BTW, when reaching ~120kph the car lowers itself comparing to the standard position - mind that when lowering the car.

·
Registered
W209 CLK500 & W220 S430
320 Posts

That's a cool site . . .

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. Are you saying that if the car is lowered using StarDiagnose, it will still lower itself even more when reaching 120kph?

I know mine does lower itself at 120kph, but i would like it to stay at that lowered height at all times, without buying springs. how do i do that?

when i picked up my car the other day from JustTires, they did something to it because it was completely lowered to the ground. It looked awesome. I didn't saying anything to them tho, but now i wish i had asked what they did. I also noticed a computer import cover was left open on the left side of the steering column.

Any idea?

·
Registered
1999 S430 w220
202 Posts
Hi there. Are you saying that if the car is lowered using StarDiagnose, it will still lower itself even more when reaching 120kph?
The car lowers itself comparing to some standard position; so I assume that if the standard position is set lower than default, the car will get even more lower when reaching 120kph.
BTW, I'm not absolutely sure about the speed threshold when the car is lowered - it may be at 140kph or so...

I know mine does lower itself at 120kph, but i would like it to stay at that lowered height at all times, without buying springs. how do i do that?
There are no springs in Airmatic suspension; the heigh is adjusted by electronic means only.

when i picked up my car the other day from JustTires, they did something to it because it was completely lowered to the ground. It looked awesome. I didn't saying anything to them tho, but now i wish i had asked what they did. I also noticed a computer import cover was left open on the left side of the steering column.

Any idea?
They messed with your computer settings, that's for sure. If they know how to lower the car safely, maybe it is a good idea to visit them one more time or at least call them on the phone...

·
Registered
2000 Black s430
64 Posts
Hey guys I got a quick question. I just lowered my w220 with links up front. I adjusted the rear but one side seems lower than the other. Does the rear adjuster slider control both rear tires? Or is there a slider for each wheel? My car is on airmatic.

·
Registered
2006 SL65 AMG, 2003 S55 AMG, 2003 S600, 1979 450SLC (and many other 107's)
299 Posts
If anyone is in the Waukesha, Wisconsin area, I have STAR and can lower your car. Not to mention all of the other cool things you can do with STAR.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts