Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent hype about cutting coils, and snatching up H&R's on ebay (cough cough Gary) I really think now is the right time to create a picture thread just for the lowered W123's. Wether you took a half a coil off, bagged your car, or custom made some coilovers I wan't to see pictures.

I have yet to lower my car. (Die grinder crapped out, so I couldn't insert the compressor in the spring perch...) So I'll rob some lowered W123's from the internet. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Where mine pretty much ended up (on vogtlands):

And too low on AMG fronts:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Man, some of those wagons are pretty...pretty...pretty low.

Thanks for this one-V V V. A preview of what mine may look like when I get the new wheels on.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
NEED more photos of these two:
What looks to be the wagon from the classic helicopter photo:

And this one is just awesome. I'm rarely a fan of gold wheels but wowzers does it work on an orient red t-model:

Wheel/Tire specs on mine:
Front: 16x7 et23, 205 55 16
Rear: 16x8 et11, 225 50 16

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did mine about 5 years ago using springs imported from europe, lower and firmer. Dalhems was the name of the supplier I think.
I really need to take some more recent pics the back has been raised slightly with spacers since these shots. one pic is taken before the new springs were fitted

Attachments

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did mine about 5 years ago using springs imported from europe, lower and firmer. Dalhems was the name of the supplier I think.
I really need to take some more recent pics the back has been raised slightly with spacers since these shots. one pic is taken before the new springs were fitted
Gahhhhhh your car is beautiful! I'd switch back to amber corner lights though.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Thank you! That orient red wagon is perfect. I love the staggered 8/9 gold pentas, chrome trim, etc. And a sienna interior to boot! It doesn't get much better unless it had an AMG muffler (and motor/5speed of course)

The silver one is quite nice except the grill. I really dislike the all black look.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Greatest thread ever. Pure wagon bliss.

I LOVE those roof spoilers. Wish I could find one. Haters gonna ask why you need a roof spoiler on a diesel wagon, but I suspect this is a case where it actually does help aerodynamics at normal highway speeds. Makes that smooth sloping rear back into a Kammback. Any reasonable source for these in the States?

1 - 20 of 113 Posts