1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2008 b170
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello sir.

really need your advise.

i own 2008 b170.

1) ive been hearing a wind vacuum type noise everytime i turn the steering to the left while driving. just left. what is that actually?

2) i notice my car abit lowered. im not sure why. sometimes when go through bums the below part stretched. do you have any idea on changing after market suspension? or perhaps i have to change the spring coil?

email me at good4diy at gmail.com

thanks in advance

· Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
12,883 Posts
As I requested..

Is all of your B lower or is one corner lower than the rest of the B.. Check your springs for breaks first..if that is what you're asking..

Is it wind or is it rubbing on the suspension..?..More details please..

· Registered
2006 B200T
993 Posts
hello sir.

really need your advise.

i own 2008 b170.

1) ive been hearing a wind vacuum type noise everytime i turn the steering to the left while driving. just left. what is that actually?

2) i notice my car abit lowered. im not sure why. sometimes when go through bums the below part stretched. do you have any idea on changing after market suspension? or perhaps i have to change the spring coil?

email me at good4diy at gmail.com

thanks in advance
Hello emyliajulia,

Let's start with the possible suspension issue. First, start off by parking your car on a flat and level piece of land. Take a look at the car from a distance of about 15-20 feet. Does the car look level to you? Does one side or one corner sag? Also, take a look to see if the suspension is original or perhaps it has been lowered with aftermarket springs. Original parts usually have the mercedes logo on it with the parts number following. Also, the original springs would be black, unlike some aftermarket springs.

When you're driving, and braking, does the car squat and dip excessively? or does it take a while for the car to level out after a large bump? If these occur, then it may be time for you to have the suspension checked. If everything is in check, then it is likely the roads you drive in Malaysia. I hear the roads are not the best there.

This car has a long wheelbase and with the underbody fairings, it is especially low and prone to scrapes and scratches over uneven roads (more so than other vehicles). As mike suggested in another thread, check the springs to see if any of them have physically broken, as this is not uncommon on this vehicle.

As for the wind noise, do you have a turbo? slight wind or suction noise is common for the turbo. Also, is it there with or without aircon on? I'm assuming that the aircon is on, if you're in Malaysia. It is sometimes common that you feel a rush of (usually warm) air when turn. It is dependent upon design and physics. Perhaps this is the wind noise that you hear. Turn your hvac system off and see if you feel or hear this noise. Then your hvac on and try again. With A/C it is sometimes hard to feel the warmer air rush, but if you turn the heater on, you'll notice it more, as the air is warmer. If this is not the case, then perhaps you have a weak seal in the doors or windows, again physics at play with the air and vectoring.

Cheers.

· Registered
2008 b170
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello sir.

thank you so much for your detailed reply. i will look into the suspension and absorber parts.

about the wind gass vacuum 'shhhhh' kind of sound. yes it only happen when the aircond is 'on'. when its off i doesnt make any shhh sound whenever i turn the steering to the left while driving.

what seems to be the problem ya sir?

thanks in advanced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.