Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
c230k sedan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got step by step on how to lower my 03 c230 sedan? I've done lots of work on other cars(supercharged my 99 si) but don't want to mess up this car.

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
search the forums. i know ive seen step by step instructions on either this forum, mbklasse.org, or on benzworld. use google advanced search if you arent a member at either forum.

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
It's fairly easy to do just dont forget to rent a spring compressor. and i'm happy with the way my H&R's handle and ride.[;)] good luck!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
A regular spring compressor doesn't fit right and can be dangerous to use. I think the correct spring compressor is made by Klann.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I've acually done my front and rears without usung a spring compressor. You need a floor jack, and a little mechanical skill, you can carefully remove the spring from the strut without taking the whole thing out and dealing with a compressor. I've done thins about 4 times now, and it takes me about 30minutes to change a front spring.

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
Lynn - 2/21/2005 10:42 AM

A regular spring compressor doesn't fit right and can be dangerous to use. I think the correct spring compressor is made by Klann.
But you CAN do the work with it. Be careful, and know the risks. That's how I did the work. You can borrow them from O'Reilly Autoparts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts