Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C36
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if there is a switch to turn these lower fog lamps on for normal driving.

With uk spec c36 the lower fog lamps only function when main beams are activated NOT when headlamps are dipped (normal position).

Any help would be much appreciated.[V]

·
Registered
1997 C36 AMG
53 Posts
Can any one tell me if there is a switch to turn these lower fog lamps on for normal driving.

With uk spec c36 the lower fog lamps only function when main beams are activated NOT when headlamps are dipped (normal position).

Any help would be much appreciated.[V]

You have to pull the switch knob twice to activate the front bumper fog-light on C36.
But as a result the rear fog-light is also turn on.
So what I did I disconnect the rear fog-light as I never used them.

So I can use the front bumper fog-light as a driving light as well along with my headlight

Regardz,

J Irwan

Attachments

·
Registered
E36 AMG 1995
123 Posts
In the UK, the front fog lamps are only to be used in very poor visibility - fog . It is illegal to use them for normal night driving. In fact they don't make much difference in the dark anyway. Mercedes headlamps are vastly superior to any car of a similar age .
If you disconnnect the rear fogs you make your car an instant MOT failure.

Do you really want disconnected rear fogs when you are sitting at the back of a traffic queue on the M25 in fog on a dark winters night ?

·
Registered
1997 C36 AMG
53 Posts
Pringles

I live in US and where I live we very very rarely have fogs.

on US spec C36, the front bumper fog-light is called as Auxialary Fog-light.

And if I pulled the headlight switch on, this front bumper fog-light is light-up also the rear fog-light

If I want to use the front bumper fog-light for driving and still have the rear fog-light on it would be worse,since the rear fog-light could distract other driver and mistaken it for Brake light..

and HSB36

On original question,
I didn't realize you're from UK, so looks like they fog-light is wire differently.
I know the european C36 also have the bumper fog-light connected to high-beam as well.

I would think it some kind of relay.
If that's the case, then finding the right relay, will make your bumper fog-light to behave like US spec...

Regardz,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts