Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 BMW 750LI, '10 Ford Expedition
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning there was a 13" long scratch on the passenger side cladding, starting behind the wheel well. It was not one of those scratches that simply wipes off. It seems to be pretty light, like a stick or something caught it. I am hoping a little wax will do the trick. Any thoughts on a particular wax or product for the plastic?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,424 Posts
The cladding on my 1995 coupe became dull, so I had all the cladding, along with the front and rear bumper covers, painted a flexible paint and clearcoat, and it is amazing the difference. Because all the parts of the cladding and covers can easily come off, they can be prepped and painted off the car, making it a rather inexpensive proposition.

Bonus: It gave me the chance to see if there was any rust under the cladding, and there wasn't! So with the parts off the car, I was able to put a good cleaning and wax under the cladding before it got put back.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Avalon XLS
1,269 Posts
Try maybe a Meguiar's cutting compound or something like that... even an orbital buffer would probably take care of it. They also have a scratch compound that might be a better choice for that kind of thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts