Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbodiese
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm backing out of the driveway the other morning and I notice a pretty loud squeak in the front right corner. To make a long story short, the mechanic recommends replacing both front lower ball joints and probably the tie rod ends for a total repair bill approaching $900. To my surprise he wasn't really pressing me on it. He said it could go on like this for years. It could even go away, he said. He said it's still "tight," and I can tell that it doesn't affect the handling.

Comments?

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
when i bought my car, the suspension felt fine to me, and a visual inspection said tha...

when i bought my car, the suspension felt fine to me, and a visual inspection said that it looked okay too. i jacked the suspension on all of the points looking for wink links, and the car seemed okay. three years ago i lowered it and bought new springs/shocks and figured that if i was doing it, im doing it all and replaced everything. to our shock (dad and i)the ball joints were junk, nothing but destroyed things, other parts were worn heavily as well. replacing everything was easy to do, the ball joints were cut out of arms, and it does help to have some special tools but it is not hard work.
seems the old mb w123 is built like a tank and takes it. the car is now and has been a summer car, rides just fine.
jake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.