183 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you Storm...

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They print their own money[|)]

How the front wheel turn unless they hit the fender? Wider turning radius?

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
Basically they "drop" them via the hydraulics when they are showing their cars. They would never be able to actually drive when they are this low.

·
Registered
2003 E55 AMG
55 Posts
WTF? Alright, who's been having fun with photoshop? Those weren't real, were they?

Mommy, I had a horrible dream.....

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
367 Posts
Hello,

Mercedes Police? I'd like to report a crime....

·
Registered
2006 W220 S430 and 2010 W204 C300 Sport
228 Posts
Actually, all but the C-Class are probably air bagged instead of using the juice. The W210 chassis is a great candidate for a retro fit adjustable suspension. The first attribute is the fact that there are no MacPherson struts, and also because the shocks are not mounted internally to the springs.

The cars that are laying low can all be inflated to near or even above normal driving height. If you combine the air springs with an externally adjustable shock, the inflated ride may feel similiar to the stock suspension.

True, this is probably not a performance enhancement, but neither are larger wheels unless you back them up with big brakes.

Also note, none of the pictured cars have gaudy graphics or wierd body modes. If you saw these cars with some air in them, you would not give them a second look. Although you may have opinons about the wheel choices (another can of worms).

·
Registered
2000-E320, 2012 Buick Enclave, 2004 Ford Ranger, 1973 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
194 Posts
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,846 Posts
I like the W211 (hard to tell wit all the modifications -3-rd picture)
Than the silver one looks plain stupid.

·
Registered
69 Karmann Ghia to play with
33 Posts
Tastefully they could look sick, take the chrome away and keep it simple. I had a car on bags a few years ago. I would love to bag a wagon or atleast see what it would look like lowered. Everything looks better on the ground, or atleast lowered. I saw an 18 wheeler hammered, of course it was all custom and not a working truck but even that thing looked sick.

·
Registered
2000-E320, 2012 Buick Enclave, 2004 Ford Ranger, 1973 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
194 Posts
Everything looks better on the ground, or atleast lowered.
I guess I'm just to old, maybe that's why I don't "get it", but I just think it looks stupid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts