Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ml-320 stock,oem bug deflector, nerf bars, leather gray upholstery, delivery date 25 nov 97
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my Benz dealership and she informed me she could get the oem SINGLE clip crankshaft position sensor for approx 76 bucks + shipping. they are near Petersburg VA

She said it was considered aftermarket cause it does not have the benz logo on it but it is from the original supplier of the binz marked parts which is Bosch

Let me know if anyone needs contact information

CNB

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,138 Posts
But when Autohausaz has the single clip Bosch OEM supplied unit for $46 is $76 really a low price?? Sounds sort of pricey.

·
Registered
1998 ml-320 stock,oem bug deflector, nerf bars, leather gray upholstery, delivery date 25 nov 97
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

Noodles

I looked on autohausaz and didn't see the low prices .
But at 46 bucks that is a much better price ;-)

CNB

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,744 Posts
Well, the old girl started showing signs of a CPS failure this afternoon. Bump the key to start and she turns over for about three seconds before finally catching. Incredible amount of information on the website concerning this DIY project. I think I will tackle it from the drivers side wheel well. Here is the best price I found on the BOSCH 0261210170.

https://www.germanautosupply.com/store/bosch-crank-position-sensor-82.html

The $45.00 includes free shipping from North Carolina so it shouldn't take more than a few days to get to the Atlanta area. Hopefully, the swap shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.......gotta go find me a E8-1/4" torx drive now. Think I'll check out Sears for an assortment.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
Don't forget you'll need an assortment of hammers :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Springerfever

Thanks for the new parts source !!!! The CPS at germanautosupply is 10 bucks cheaper than autohausaz and it is located here in North Carolina just like myself

this is what this forum is all about Benz owners helping Benz owners find the best deals on the best parts and the best advice/help on Benz repairs :thumbsup::bowdown:

BTW springerfeaver if you enter gas5 in the discount code box it will save you an additional 5 % on your total cost !!

CNB

Well, the old girl started showing signs of a CPS failure this afternoon. Bump the key to start and she turns over for about three seconds before finally catching. Incredible amount of information on the website concerning this DIY project. I think I will tackle it from the drivers side wheel well. Here is the best price I found on the BOSCH 0261210170.

https://www.germanautosupply.com/store/bosch-crank-position-sensor-82.html

The $45.00 includes free shipping from North Carolina so it shouldn't take more than a few days to get to the Atlanta area. Hopefully, the swap shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.......gotta go find me a E8-1/4" torx drive now. Think I'll check out Sears for an assortment.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,744 Posts
Too late for the discount...I already ordered !

I did find a great deal on the E8 socket, at Advance Autoparts. As much as I like Craftsman tools (primarily because of their lifetime warranty), I have been impressed with the GearWrench line of tools also. I have a full set (both SAE and Metric) of their wrenches with the built in fine-tooth rachet on one end and an open end wrench on the other. Seem to be of good quality and finish. Here's the GearWrench E8 at a paltry $3.59...

Buy Gear Wrench 1/4" Drive External Torx® Socket E-8 80190 at Advance Auto Parts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re

springerfeaver

thanks for the update on the socket

CNB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts