Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 slk230
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Experts,
Just joined and need a hand on fixing my 98 SLK roadster. After reviewing some threads, I believe my scharger is not working. Check engine light on, scan reads P0806 currently set, P0410 secondary- air injection system malfunction. Scharger coil measures less than a few ohms, K40 relay checks good, cutout fuse ok, Cleaned MAF. Driving observations: MAP is moving up and down smoothly- think its ok, Oxygen sensor #1 is very active from zero to 800mV changing quickly every half second by engine load, Oxygen sensor #2 Bank 1 is very slow to change value. Ox sensor #2 is at 550mV and only moves +- 100 mV very slowly. It takes 15 seconds for it to increase under acceleration. I read one thread that described a "Lazy Sensor" as being the problem. I'm not sure if this is lazy but there is no way it could keep up with the other oxygen sensor rate of change. Any help on this is truly appreciated, thanks from a tinkerer on this end.

·
Registered
1998 slk230
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bazzle for putting that to bed. 60K miles, I am starting to wonder about the pulley clutch slipping, check into that tomorrow. Also wondering about the airbox bypass valve being stuck open and venting off pressure, love this stuff........

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
I doubt the clutch will slip... BUT, spray with water to remove crud, start engine, rev to 2k and see if it clicks on.
Spay again with wd40 to remove water. It wont do it any harm as it is a mag clutch. (metal to metal with a slight slip to take up jerk)

Bazzle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts