Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 300e 2.6
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 300e 2.6 starts fine in the morning but idles low somewhere around the 450-500 range. Sometimes after a warm up will the car will not excelerate properly goes into a semi stall when giving gas. The problem is sometimes it will do this and them stall then after several tries at restarting it will start but when given gas stall out again and again. After leaving alone for approximately 20-30 minutes the car will start and run fine for a couple of months. Then all of a sudden it will do this again just when i need to get somewhere(like this morning). This has happened a few times and as of yet i can not figure out what is causing this problem. Once again it will start i will allow it to warm up(even in summer) to keep this from happening and yet it will do it all of a sudden. My thoughts are electric like fuel pump/relay but I am sure it could be something else. any feedback would be appreciated. :surrender:

·
Registered
91 300e 2.6
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1991 300e 2.6 starts fine in the morning but idles low somewhere around the 450-500 range. Sometimes after a warm up will the car will not excelerate properly goes into a semi stall when giving gas. The problem is sometimes it will do this and them stall then after several tries at restarting it will start but when given gas stall out again and again. After leaving alone for approximately 20-30 minutes the car will start and run fine for a couple of months. Then all of a sudden it will do this again just when i need to get somewhere(like this morning). This has happened a few times and as of yet i can not figure out what is causing this problem. Once again it will start i will allow it to warm up(even in summer) to keep this from happening and yet it will do it all of a sudden. My thoughts are electric like fuel pump/relay but I am sure it could be something else. any feedback would be appreciated. :surrender:
Also i was told a needed a cat converter a month ago could this be the resuilt of it being bad also.

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,143 Posts
Do the simple stuff 1st!!! tune up,plugs,dizzy cap,fuel filter,get a baseline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts