Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 BlueTEC that I purchased last month.

To my dismay the "miles to go" indication stops counting down at some point instead of going down to zero. The manual doesn't indicate when that occurs.

Does anyone know when the indicator switches from miles remaining to the fueling image? I'd rather not pull into a gas station and put 25.7 gallons of diesel in again. :read:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've got a 2010 BlueTEC that I purchased last month.

To my dismay the "miles to go" indication stops counting down at some point instead of going down to zero. The manual doesn't indicate when that occurs.

Does anyone know when the indicator switches from miles remaining to the fueling image? I'd rather not pull into a gas station and put 25.7 gallons of diesel in again. :read:

To answer your question, the ''miles to go'' changes rapidly as it is calculated on fuel remaining, current speed etc. When you show less than 30 it can flash over to the ''gas pump'' sign at anytime, if you speed up, climb a hill etc, so I think that question can only be answered approximately. I have gotten caught short a few times and once went about 80 once the low fuel light came on.You will have more peace of mind if when your light comes on, think that you have a max of 60 before you call roadside assistance and head for a fuel stop.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer your question, the ''miles to go'' changes rapidly as it is calculated on fuel remaining, current speed etc. When you show less than 30 it can flash over to the ''gas pump'' sign at anytime, if you speed up, climb a hill etc, so I think that question can only be answered approximately. I have gotten caught short a few times and once went about 80 once the low fuel light came on.You will have more peace of mind if when your light comes on, think that you have a max of 60 before you call roadside assistance and head for a fuel stop.
Thanks.

I wish it worked the same as on my previous W203. :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
2007 ML350
56 Posts
On my 2003 ML350 (W163) if you switched to metric units the distance remaining would show all the way down to zero. I haven't tried that on my 2007 ML350 so I don't know if the W164 would work the same way. Might help if you are trying to make it to the next available fuel.
BillM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts