Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'91 Merc 190E 2.3
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 Mercedes 190E 2.3

The issue today seems to be with the low beam left light (daytime running light left). It does not come on. The right side is fine. All other lights on the left are fine (high beam, etc), that is, when i turn on the high beam lights, the left light (where the low beam should be on) turns on just fine so it seems the light bulb for this area is fine unless the high beam bulb is different for the low beam?

I checked the fuse box and swapped the low beam right fuse with the left. The left fuse still did not come on and the right came on fine. So the fuse itself is fine.

After all this, does this mean i have a wiring issue? Which colored wires should i test?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
My sister's 190E had the same problem, except the other side. The 3-slot plug had melted and the low beam circuit was not connected properly. High beam worked fine.

Insulator material went bad so I decided to leave it disconnected, and told her to have our mechanic solder in a good used one from his spares.

Fuse, bulbs were fine (bulbs were new).

·
Registered
'91 Merc 190E 2.3
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sister's 190E had the same problem, except the other side. The 3-slot plug had melted and the low beam circuit was not connected properly. High beam worked fine.

Insulator material went bad so I decided to leave it disconnected, and told her to have our mechanic solder in a good used one from his spares.

Fuse, bulbs were fine (bulbs were new).
I checked things more closely and this seems to be my problem too. Something wrong with the 3-slot plug. In my case I pushed the bulb connection in tighter + twist and the light finally came on however i do see some burn marks. I can see it finally giving up shortly but for now the low beam is back on until i hit a bump or something.

Thank you every one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts