Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz S 430 (W220) 1999 Dutch car
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People,

Since a couple of days i have the problem that on my 1999 S 430 (W220) my Low Beam left side just goes on and off while driving. It seems like when it rains i have this problem all the time. Does anybody has this problem as well and does any body knows if it is easy to fix or swop the light? I'm not sure if i got Xenon or Bi-Xenon.

Thanks in advance,

Bori$

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes Benz S500
178 Posts
That Was Happening To Me. Bought A Pair Of Lights Replaced Them And That Was It.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz S 430 (W220) 1999 Dutch car
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did you replaced the lights yourself? What did it cost? I heard Xenon or Bi-Xenon lights are pricey

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes Benz S500
178 Posts
Bought mine off E-bay. Bi-Xenon Hyper White. Dealer wanted alot for the bulbs. i think all together it came up to about $35 and you can choose through many colors. got them went outside opened the hood removed the covers disconnected the power wire, loosened the nut thingy took the bulb out, lined up the new one, nut back in power connected. started the car came on right away and looks perfect. you may need to loosen the 2 screws that hold the light to make it easier, and to line back the covers. in my opinion its better than the dealer because they are cheaper and when they blow it wouldnt cost too much to replace. Try not too directly hold the bulb on the glass though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts