Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Of course there is. Do you have Xenon lights or halogens (the solution is either Star diagnosis or a screwdriver)?

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Is this something that is recommended to be done?

·
Registered
Sold that POS 2010 E-350 Sport P2
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Low beam height

I have the zenon that follows the steering wheel angle, hence my question. Of course headlights have to be adjustable. I suspected that with a system like this, it might be a computer based adjustment rather than the more conventional jack screw. A clearer question might have been, is there a way other than the dealer to make an adjustment on this type of system.

I live in a very hilly region and the low beams are just a tad too low to properly illuminate the road when driving down one short trough toward an upward section, necessitating the use of high beams. The auto dimming feature is wonderful on relatively level rural roads, but here there is just enough light from house and mailbox lamps to keep the low beams active all the time.

This is one of the relatively few things I feel this car does poorer than the Infiniti it replaced. The Infiniti had a 5 step elevation knob in the cabin so I could fine tune the beam height. Meanwhile, I am thoroughly enjoying the hundreds of things the MB does better.

·
Registered
2010 E350 Luxury, P1 Package
124 Posts
Is there a way to slightly raise the low beam height on a 2010 E350 Sport?
Dealer should be able to do this under warranty, especially if "A" service not done yet. Had mine done about three weeks ago at no charge when "A" service done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts