Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having problem with my low beam I thought it was a wire harness problem so i isolated each wire covered with tape and the problem still, I bought a new headlight assembly and the low beam still not working!
I tested on the right side and the headlights work properly,I bought a fuse tester and the fuse 62/63 for the low beams are good, I don’t know what else to do, I took it to a mechanic and this guy sent me a picture of another headlight assembly, saying that the wire harness are bad and need a new headlights assembly, and charges me $400 for labor and $230 for the light assembly, I told him I have a new headlight assembly and the problem is not the wire harness because the new headlights works good but the low beam , I can’t drive my car till I get it fix because I had 3 warnings already by the cops and I don’t wanna get a ticket, please any advice would help , taking to the mechanic should be the best option , I can’t go to work, and Uber is killing my pocket, I’m depressed and frustrated at some point thought to sell my car please any help will be appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,202 Posts
Year and model please.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,754 Posts
I would first check to see if you have power to that socket for the low beam using a test light a multimeter.
If there is no power then the SAM that holds the fuse holds the fuse may need to be checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts