Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days, every time I start my 2010 E350 with Keyless-Go I get a message indicating I should change the battery in my car Key. Is this normal for a car that has only been driven for 10 months?
I could not find instructions in the User Manual for replacement of the battery. Can somebody out there provide me some indication on how to do it.?
I would think a dealer visit is unnecessary except for the warranty if applicable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dan,
It's good to see your post. Since moving to the 212 forum in September, I missed your knowledge and wisdom. Are you driving a 211 or 212 now?

·
Registered
2008 SLK 55 AMG
85 Posts
This must be the lifetime for these bateries since I had the same message last month. I took delivery of the car on 12-30-09 when it came of the boat from Germany.
You mentioned warranty........I purchased a twin battery pack for $6.00 at the local grocery store and after replacing it life was good again.
If that is the only maintenance I will have every 10 month I am sure that I will be able to live with that :thumbsup:
After 14K of driving pleasure, I still love my car.
I have owned several Mercedes E and S class sedans over the past 10 years but this one is a truly a pleasure to drive each day.
Worth every penny I spend.

·
Registered
78 280S, 81 300SD, 82 300D, 92 300E 2.6, 90 260SE, 94 S280, 10 E300,
900 Posts
I had the same message on the car last Sunday, good thing I was in the mall so I was able to repalce it immediately.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had my W212 for 12 months and have had to replace the batteries twice! Both times I cruised past the local dealer and they replaced them for me for free. I'm suspicious about the life of the batteries ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the OM.pdf File and comments. I replaced the battery and problem solved. I was concerned that it might be the car key itself that was malfunctioning thus, the "warranty if applicable" comment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts