Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 280SLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

My name is Rich, from the Albany, NY area. Just got an '07 280 SLK, which I am enjoying a great deal.

Look forward to asking and learning.

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
Hello from Saratoga Springs, NY and welcome to the forum! Did you purchase it from Keeler Mercedes in Latham? Hope you enjoy your SLK280. Look into joining the MBCA Hudson/Mohawk section. We have get togeathers a couple times a year. Post some pics of your SLK. More are always welcome. There a nice little car :) Feel free to leave me a visitor message if you have any questions. I have owned, driven and been around Mercedes cars my entire life.

~George.

·
Registered
2007 280SLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Hi, George:

Thank you. How do I join the club?

I tried to buy from Keeler, however I got impatient for a car to be available. I bought it from Mercedes of Rochester, very nice to do business with.

Two questions:

Do you know whether windscreens help in convertibles?

Do you know of reasonably priced winter car storage?

Best,

Rich

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi, George:

Thank you. How do I join the club?

I tried to buy from Keeler, however I got impatient for a car to be available. I bought it from Mercedes of Rochester, very nice to do business with.

Two questions:

Do you know whether windscreens help in convertibles?

Do you know of reasonably priced winter car storage?

Best,

Rich

Click here- Join Today | Mercedes-Benz Club of America All the information is there and that is the upstate's MB Club.

Keeler can be good at times but I am not impressed with their service and sales. I was treated like I was second class when looking to buy a CLK500. I will have to look into MB of Rochester for when it comes time for a new car soon.

I personally do not ever use the windcreen when we had our SL's. Some say it can make a bit of difference depending on how fast you are travling.

Car storage for the winter? You are in luck once again tonight. Go play a Lottery Ticket!:thumbsup: I just so happen to own a Storage facility up in Ballston Spa where we can store cars. We can discuss prices if you would like to. May I ask what you are willing to spend? I can PM you my cell number as well if you would like. I can assure you that your car will be 100% safe. I have stored cars in the same location for many years and have never had an issue. Very safe neighborhood in the historic district.

~George.

·
Registered
2007 280SLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, George, but I am in Guilderland and want to be close enough to be able to check and start it once in a while. I'll remember your offer if I can't find anything close.

Jayson was the salesperson. Terrific.

I just joined the club.

This indulgence can be costly, but I will post a pic, and you will know my secret when you see the plate!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Thanks, George, but I am in Guilderland and want to be close enough to be able to check and start it once in a while. I'll remember your offer if I can't find anything close.

Jayson was the salesperson. Terrific.

I just joined the club.

This indulgence can be costly, but I will post a pic, and you will know my secret when you see the plate!

I actually have family in Guilderland and I use to date a girl long ago from there as well. How long ago did you purchase the car? I may of already seen you driving around Albany:D I was pulling onto Western Ave(20) today and did see a bright red SLK280.;)

~George.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nope. Mine's white. Have seen that one as well.

I will have to keep my eyes open for a White SLK280:thumbsup: I do lots of buisness on Western Ave and work in sometimes off of New Scottland Ave. Maybe we will cross paths.:thumbsup:

~George.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I am not impressed with their service and sales. I was treated like I was second class when looking to buy a CLK500. I will have to look into MB of Rochester for when it comes time for a new car soon.

Troll alert! Mods get in here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts