Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S420
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my baby a few years ago and have nursed her back to health. Now that she is perfect, barring a good paint job, I don't want to use her as a daily driver. Especially not in the snow which we got a dump of last week here in Seattle.

So she sits beside the 4Runner now in the garage which is my daily driver and snow boarding machine.

I am not going to lay her up, but I intend to use her only on the long trips that are 40miles plus.

Is there anything I should to the car if I am only going to drive it once/twice a week?

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
What you should have said......

"Love my S420 too much...so I bought a GL450..." for my thrashing and bashing on the slopes...

M...

·
Registered
Jaguar STR-sold,mercedes s500L-sold,c36 amg-sold,s500 coupe-sold,cl420-sold,s320-sold,s280-sold
541 Posts
Well I love my cl420 so bought a '2000 ford explorer for winter :)

·
Registered
1998 S420
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
admit it. you got fed up with it breaking down :p
hehe,..I have been very very lucky with this 420. The only thing that I have done to the engine is change the spark plugs and had the ticking issue (oil lifters I think it was called) replaced. Engine oil change at regular intervals and I had the transmission/rear diff oll replaced shortly after i got the car in 2009 since I never fully trust a previous service history.

Fingers crossed she has not broken down yet and still gets 23.9mpg :)

But yes, I did look at the Gl450 but since I just moved to the States only two years ago I still need a bit more time to get that pesky "credit history" sorted out. No use having a really great credit score, they want the history as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts