Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,<br>
<br>
I've been noticing a loud ticking noise coming out of the top center dash vent. It only happens once in a while but I've noticed it happening both while I was driving and while the key was in the ignition with the engine off. Has anyone experience this before? I've tried just leaving the vent closed but I still hear it sometimes. <br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>
<br>
John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From another forum: '...known problem about the center vent clicking sound which is caused by the faulty electric motor...like a big relay sound...dealer for replacement of motor.'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '02 C320 3,500 miles just started making a ticking sound also. Has it been fixed and what did they have to do. I'm worried they will take the whole dash apart and it will never fit right again. It seems to me that the noise has something to do with directing the air flow.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't believe anyone that says 'your motor needs to be changes' that's bullshit. Your engine is perfectly fine, the way the new c class is designed so it makes that noise. It's the purge valve, that can be changed at the dealer with a more quieter one. The AMG edition sounds even louder, so I don't think you should worry about it. Mine does the same since the moment I walked out of the parking lot at the dealership.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise is comming from inside the dash. It has something to do with the air flow I think. After about 30 seconds or so it finaly quits, but is taking longer to quit as time goes on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts