Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Vito 112cdi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi friends its always assuring knowing I can share my problems with others on this site. My vito 112cdi makes a loud bang of a noise sometimes when on the highway and am accelerating and approaching 120km/hr. This one time bang dissapears there after till I slow down and start gaining speed again. I seem to think its from under the vehicle but I am not sure since the vehicle is moving at quite a high speed. Before and after the bang everything seems alright. Please someone help me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's scary! Is it one single loud bang or a series of clanging noises?

I remember reading here on the forum about someone saying it was like a football being kicked against the tailgate, so have a search and see if he found out what it was.

Other than that, anything like that happening at speed definitely needs urgent attention, and perhaps I'd even approach the stealership to see if they say "ah, it's the plogleassium anchylosaurus in the driveshaft!" and then see to it immediately.

·
Registered
Vito 112cdi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ Prossett
the loud bang sound is heard once as I approach 120km/hr then everything stays normal again. The description you give of a football being kicked against an a metal gate is very accurate. Will do the search to locate that thread. Thanks all the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts