Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03' SLK 230
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Trunk is stuck. I noticed the latch was loose before but never did anything about it. Now trunk will not open at all. I cannot simply put the top down to get it open because the safety thing is down and will not allow the top to open. I read on a post before that you can ground the wire that opens the top to get it open... any help on this?

2. My fog lights will randomly come on and go off with out them actually turning on a few days a go I heard a electrical noise near the switch to turn on the headlights/foglights.

Thanks in advance for any advise...

·
Registered
03' SLK 230
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just had the recall done on my taillight too... problem #2 seemed to start happening at the same time. Any chance the 2 could be related?

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 2009 E350
553 Posts
It seems unlikely the tail light recall would cause the fog light issue. It sounds like the lamp control module may be defective. The pull switch for the fog lights are integral with this module. There are also a couple of relays inside the lamp control module which may have caused the sound you heard.

·
Registered
03' SLK 230
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PSE

PSE was the problem dealer quoted me $1250 to replace the PSE. I read bazzle's tutorial on how to remove and clean. Did that and now I have no issues.... the PSE was definatly getting wet... the foam that "protects it was soaked" anything I can do to protect it from water corosion?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
PSE was the problem dealer quoted me $1250 to replace the PSE. I read bazzle's tutorial on how to remove and clean. Did that and now I have no issues.... the PSE was definatly getting wet... the foam that "protects it was soaked" anything I can do to protect it from water corosion?
Read all the posting. You can turn over which will help. Also check rear drainns are not blocked (post on those too)
Lastly ensure seal around boot is in good nick.

Bazzle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts