Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention, it is the right side. From what you've said, I assume yours is not the "sport" one eh?

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
After losing two of the covers from parking bumpers or uneven pavement, I used some stout speaker wire and tied it to the tow hook as as the earlier poster referenced.

I think I paid about $60-75 for the stinkin' piece of plastic and another $50 to have it painted the proper color.... OUCH !

I'm surprised frankly that MB didn't put a tether on the piece to start with!

Regards-

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
After losing two of the covers from parking bumpers or uneven pavement, I used some stout speaker wire and tied it to the tow hook as as the earlier poster referenced.

I think I paid about $60-75 for the stinkin' piece of plastic and another $50 to have it painted the proper color.... OUCH !

Regards-

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts

Regards-

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts

Regards-

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so how many did you lose, eight? (you posted 4 times!) [:)]. Anyway, where did you get it for only so cheap? My dealer told me $292 plus painting (including the screen).

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Sorry for the multiple postings - - for some reason, nothing was happening when I hit "submit" so naturally, I hit it again (and again and again).

I ordered the part through our independent service facility here in Scottsdale and had it painted at the shop behind his. The part arrived in a MB box - -white plastic-- and fit perfectly.

Amazing the profit margins on such a simple piece!

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could you give me the shop # or website? Perhaps I can order from them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1995 320 SL
1 Posts
Tow Hook Cover

CQRT said:
Happy Weekend !
Sent you a private message with the info you requested.
Could I also get the info to the place where you ordered your cover I can't seem to find one under a $100 bucks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts