Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompresser Sport Coupe, 6-speed, leather, pano roof
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I was taking my c230 out for a joy ride (a freind wanted a ride) and during the trip, I lost engine power. We started out of town, I was in third gear, and gave it the juice. She lunged and sped up, grabbed fourth, sped up normally, grabbed fifth, normal power, grabbed sixth, still normal. Now, Im up to 85 now, so I let it gradually slow down. When I push the accelerator, it now hesitated...really hesitated! I downshifted and could put the accelerator to the floor without any immediate response. After a few seconds, she started to respond, but sluggishly. She didnt buck or die, just lost power. From a stop, I have to push the accelerator and wait for the power to come up...maybe 3 seconds. And then, the power is not normal...maybe less than half.

My first thought was "oh crap, the supercharger". I didnt hear a belt come loose, so I looked and it was still in place.

Next thought was "oh crap, the supercharger is smoked". So, I came to this great site of information and think maybe its the MAF or the throttle body. Does this sound correct or am I back to "oh crap, the supercharger is smoked"?

Any input is welcome...

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompresser Sport Coupe, 6-speed, leather, pano roof
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! I dont have a check engine light but I need to check my codes with my checker.

I went to move her last night, and she was running just fine. I have no idea what it was, but the TPS seems a likely suspect. I am going to look for one and replace it because it was not cool loosing power.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts