Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 500sl and am trying to put the hard top on. I have inserted the front and rear posts into the holes but I can't get it to seat. Any instructions or pdf sheets showing how to do this would be appreciated.
Thanks to all for your feedback, especially from NEOKEN (for the owner's manual download)!Make sure your doors are open. There's a video on youtube on how to put your hardtop back, search for r129 hardtop and you will find it.
This text is taken from a 95 manual, I believe it is the same operation:
1. Engage parking brake and turn key in steering lock to position 2,
2. Lower roll bar,
3. Open doors or windows.
4. Turn radio off to lower power antenna, turn key in steering lock to position 0 and remove.
5. From the rear of the vehicle, lift the hardtop carefully over the
attachment points (1) and locating points (2). First guide the rear pins of the top vertically into the rear attachment points, then lower the roof onto the vehicle and locate the front locking pins. Exercise caution when maneuvering the top. To avoid paint damage, the top's mounting pins must not be allowed to contact the body.
6. Turn key in steering lock to position 2. The indicator lamp in the soft top switch lights up.
7. Slide soft top switch (3) forward - the hardtop should lock and the indicator lamp in the switch should go out.