Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 clk 430
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my keys to my 2000 clk 430. It only had one when I bought it a few months ago, and I was planning on getting a new set. The other day I set them on the back of my other car while I was doing something in the garage and drove off! What do I have to do to get new keys? how much will it cost me?

·
Registered
CLK320
41 Posts
lost keys

Your insurance company may re-key it for free (no deductible) -- they would rather re-key your car than have someone drive away using your lost keys.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go to ebay. They have keys for real cheap. Then go to your dealer and have them program ...

Go to ebay. They have keys for real cheap. Then go to your dealer and have them program it. The key obviously will not work, but the actual unit will start the car and open the doors!!

·
Registered
cllk320
3 Posts
rekey

i had purchased a key from ebay also wanting to do program it but the parts guy said that once keys are programed for a car it cant be reprogramed is this true has anyone done it or is he just brushing me off.. if it is possible how much to reprogram key

·
Registered
68 Posts
He's not brushing you off ,you cannot reprogram another cars key to yours. Don't bother wi...

He's not brushing you off ,you cannot reprogram another cars key to yours. Don't bother with those keys you see on Ebay they are worthless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts