Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ML320 2002
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A friend of mine just lost his only key, need to take some things from the inside, the new key will take days to arrive, does any one have an idea how to open the ML???

Thank you

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Mmmm sounds like bad news. The ML in in the garage, so if disassemble something is necessary it may be made... but don't have a clue about where to address this
I would not bother screwing around and risking damaging things unless it is really urgent.

If it is urgent I may tamper with the seals lining the window or door seal areas to maybe insert some sort of device to lift the lock pin.

I do not know of any device that would be small enough to fit through a small opening and be useful enough to lift the pin. So basically this idea just wont work.

Or maybe you can get a stiff wire thing to push the unlock button in the center console? Am I getting crazy now... it just might work.

Unless someone here is a professional car jacker who nows how to open a benz door without a key and without smashing the window I think you are just going to have to wait for the key.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Keep in mind that however you do this the alarm will go off and the only way to shut it off is to put the key in the ignition. With that in mind perhaps a locksmith can help you.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
If he's willing to spend some $$$ (not sure how much) he could subscribe to TeleAid and have them unlock the door. I'm not sure if this still works because TeleAid is digital now, I think (we have analog). If he's willing to do it, make sure to ask if it'll still work even if he has the analog system.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Keep in mind that however you do this the alarm will go off and the only way to shut it off is to put the key in the ignition. With that in mind perhaps a locksmith can help you.
When the alarm sounds doesn't it turn off automatically after 5min or so? I believe this is what happens with mine when you push the unlock button from the inside while the alarm is set.

·
Registered
1992 500 SEL, 1996 E320, 1997 S500, 1998 E320 4MATIC,
21 Posts
AAA provides lockout service. I have seen them insert a thin bladder between the door and the jamb and then pump it up. This opens up a gap wide enough to get a tool in to raise the lock or pull the door handle from the inside. If no AAA I expect other locksmiths, or service stations could do similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.