Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Well the check engine light hasn't showed up for a month ever since I reset it. I took the car to a trusty mechanic he spent an hour and a half checking it out and said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my car and 12 mpg is normal because "these cars don't do well with the alcohol they put in the gas nowadays". So I guess there is nothing wrong with my car. On a straight line I went neck and neck with a BMW 320i xdrive from 2016 which is known to have a 0-60 of 7.9 or worse. My car which is rated at 7.5-8 seconds got absolutely crushed by it, my car is lacking power by a lot. I might just have to get it dynod..

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Also did the brakes I might have just wanted to try something new went with the eBay brand "powersport" a kit of all rotors slotted and ceramic pads. They are holding up amazing so far, initial bite is actually about the same as stock when brakes are cold, but when warmed up they exceed stock performance. I am very happy with the reduced brake dust and increased performance. Also painted calipers red with g2 caliper paint. if anyone wants photos, I will upload them.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,144 Posts
What really surprises me is I sometimes feel like the only one who has such crappy issues, I have done nothing but constantly change OEM parts and it has just been a guessing game at this point. Like nothing is leading me in the right direction.
This is the KEY statement here....you're guessing on your lack of power issues. I'm not going to go back through this entire thread, but you need to make sure your fuel pressure is spot on and delivering the VOLUME it needs to, you cat(s) aren't plugged/restricting power and that EGR tube is completely CLEAN. Good tutorials on cleaning that puppy out.

Plenty of guys here are good with the 3.2L and Team HFM, but you're gonna have to listen to their advice and not contradict everything said. Nice goes a long way here.......

Kevin

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
OK now I am very happy that you gave me all this information, I bet something is up with my EGR or cats could be clogged. I'm going to try to diagnose these problems. What is the best way to check fuel pressure? Also today my A/C randomly stopped working I checked the 30 amp blower fuse strip and it is toast. lol.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
This is the KEY statement here....you're guessing on your lack of power issues. I'm not going to go back through this entire thread, but you need to make sure your fuel pressure is spot on and delivering the VOLUME it needs to, you cat(s) aren't plugged/restricting power and that EGR tube is completely CLEAN. Good tutorials on cleaning that puppy out.

Plenty of guys here are good with the 3.2L and Team HFM, but you're gonna have to listen to their advice and not contradict everything said. Nice goes a long way here.......

Kevin
Also I heard the egr is extremely hard to clean.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,144 Posts
Also I heard the egr is extremely hard to clean.
It's not really hard to clean, you just have to envision 'roto-rooting' your EGR pipe. There are even some vids on YouTube now I believe.

You can rent fuel pressure tester kits now at most of the box auto places, including NAPA. You'll have to pay for the tool, then use it, return and get your money back. Thanks to all the thieves and miscreants, that's what we're down to. So it shouldn't cost you anything once you return the tool.

I'm a M103 guy and so I'll let the 3.2L Team HFM guys tell you where to hook up the fuel pressure gauges.

If your cats are plugging, you'll be able to see that with a good vacuum gauge. Google how to use a vacuum gauge for testing for plugged cats.

Kevin

281 - 286 of 286 Posts